#02 Mackensie Alexander
DRAFT CLASS: SR/2016
POSITION: Cornerback (CB)
40 Time: 4.47
- He displays good athleticism…with a thin athletic frame to his build
- He is more athlete than football player
- His on field physicality is in question
- Where is his eagerness to mix it up on the physicality end of things?
- He is allergic to contact which is never a good thing….MAJOR RED FLAG
- Where are the impact…game changing plays?
- Where is his catch-up speed needed when making plays on ball?
- Needs more strength to his on field game…too often gets pushed around
- Needs to become more effective making his way through blockers/ traffic
- He lacks desire to aggressively initiate first contact to ball carriers
- He is not the most efficient or physical tackler…more of a technician who frequently aims low than head on…which would slow ball carriers momentum
- He is not the most efficient tackler in space…especially considering he is an undersized CB
- He lacks skills as a potential dominant on ball pass defender…lacking good field awareness…resulting in frequent collegiate passers throwing his direction
1st Round — 2nd Round
MY VALUE BOARD
Off My Board
- To be blunt…Alexander is HIGHLY overrated for where he is projected to go in this years draft…and why he is off my draft board.
Profile by: (Ken Becks) @1stDown_Scout