- He possesses OUTSTANDING size for the position…with an angular & athletic build to his frame…which can easily take on additional weight if needed
- He displays QUICK change of direction skill in pursuit of the ball
- He covers a large area of the field from sideline to sideline…which can be contributed to his excellent long speed
- When isolated in space versus ball carriers in one on one situations…he shows his effectiveness…quickly closing and making plays on the ball
- His coaching staff showed a confidence in his abilities…allowing him to come off the edges in blitz packages…and go make plays!
- He also has an instinctive knack for timing & deflecting passes…either defending the pass…or when sent in to blitz on plays
- When there are potential TO’s to be made defending the pass…he displays WR like skills fluidly bringing in TO’s
- Where are the natural instincts & field awareness for the game?…could this be the reasoning for him not coming close to reaching the potential his talents dictate?
- There are times throughout the game where you forget he’s on the field…a lack of presence?
- Needs to become more effective making his way though traffic to the ball
- Not the most aggressive initiating first contact with opponents…and where is the physicality & POP on contact?
1st Round (Top 10)
MY VALUE BOARD
- Hamilton definitely displays athletic SPLASH plays…but his actual play on the field doesn’t measure up…hopefully sooner than later his development as a player will match his high level of potential
- The deficiencies in his game…currently makes him a developmental player with upside…and reasoning for his lower than expected draft value
Profile by: (Ken Becks aka TheScoout)